Monday, December 1, 2008

Closer 2 Jesus with Christmas Cards to Soldiers

Dear friends,

I have received messages regarding sending Christmas
cards to wounded soldiers, and when I checked on
"snopes" urban legends, they said that the post office will not really deliver mail that is sent without a specific
name. (That is for security reasons, because of possible
terroristic intentions, which might access that type of
system).

But just now, I was watching Governor Huckabee's
show on Fox News, and his wife, who works with the
Red Cross, gave the address below, that would allow us
to send a Christmas card to a soldier, with the cooperation
of the American Red Cross and the Pitney Bowes Corp.

I wrote the address down, and thought that maybe some
of you would like to join me in sending some cards to
the address below:

Holiday for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20971

I have wanted to do this for a long time, but did not have
an address, that I thought was viable to actually get cards
with my thanks and prayers, to some of our soldiers.

These will be sorted by the Red Cross and sent to wounded
soldiers and others who are in the field, so if we send this
message to those on our address list, maybe we could flood
those Red Cross locations and see millions of our troops
receive a Christmas card, thanking them for their service
and letting them know that they are not forgotten, by those
who pray for them and appreciate them here at home.

I hope you'll join me in sending them some cards and in
forwarding this address to some of your friends. As slow
as mail is at Christmas, we would probably need to do this
ASAP, in order to insure that it can be sorted and forwarded
to get there before Christmas. This will be a wonderful
way to share the LOVE OF CHRIST, and I pray that God
will reveal Himself to many of our troops, through this open
door to reach out to them, at the season of the birth of Christ.

Love and Blessings

What a brilliant email from a friend of my Moms, then sent to me :)

Stephanie Haile aka Wavecritter